Holy Cow! How time flies! The next SchmoozeFest is fast approaching on Thursday, May 9. This exciting event will be from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM at the Art Center College of Design/ South Campus 950 South Raymond Avenue, Pasadena.
Unlike past SchmoozeFests this one will be held in Room #M-1 (the Mezzanine level) and can be reached by pressing “M” on the elevator. As usual we will start out with an announcement of new class offerings at Art Center at Night, updates on news from Crafting a Meaningful Career (CMC) alums, presentations by attendees, and a networking session to encourage creative cooperation. Come to be inspired of if you are just interested to find out what the heck a SchmoozeFest is all about. We are sure you will appreciate meeting and being a part of our creative community.
- Thanks to Nathan See and Larry Crandall for reviewing the presentations of their work by photography students enrolled in the Professional Presentation class this spring term at Art Center.
- And thanks to creative professionals and CMC alums Marcia Loots-Serna, Loren Tripp, Agnes Carrera, and Chuck Chugumlung for participating in the Mock Job Interview events with Art Center students this term and preparing those students as they embark on internship and job interviews.
- Registration for Art Center at Night/Public Programs is ongoing so you had best lock down your registration for any of the exciting classes before they are filled. Sharpen your skills, learn new technologies, or take that class you always wanted to take checking the catalogue of intriguing classes that can expand your world and your creativity at: https://www.artcenter.edu/acn/coursedescriptions.jsp
Then follow up by contacting Art Center at Night, 626-396-2319 and talk to one of the informative counselors. You may also click on https://www.artcenter.edu/acn/, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information…
- Congratulations to the most recent participants in our CMC class! As at the end of each CMC term participants celebrate their accomplishments with a final meeting at Mijare’s Mexican Restaurant and toast their new career goals!
- Marisa Osollo Montellano, Photographer- “Hello there Mr Luna, I took your class in 2102. Wow just did the math on that. It seems like a lifetime ago.
I wanted to let you and the community know that I have a solo art show on display at Frogtown Brewery from May 17- June 14th.
The opening reception will be Saturday, May 17th. Thanks so much for this wonderful opportunity to connect and share with my fellow Crafting A Meaningful Career alumni.
Marisa Osollo Montellano // email@example.com \\
- Agnes Carrera, Graphic Artist- “Hi Friends, I’m walking to prevent homelessness from spreading this May 18 in downtown LA with United Way HomeWalk, who have teamed up with the Los Angeles Rams to make the event better.
It would be so fun if you can join me at the walk. (You can, of course, choose to run without me ;).
I also have a modest goal of raising $100 (Ha!), so donations of any amount would be appreciated.
If you choose to donate,
1) go to the link below...:
2) … and ‘Search for a Participant or Team’
3) Look for Agnes Carrera
If you’re joining me for the walk or if you’d like to run,
1) Click the link below:
2) Go through the registration steps and look for Team Avery Dennison.
And please spread the word out to your friends and family.
Thank you and hope to you you there!”
ABOUT THE UNITED WAY, GREATER LOS ANGELES HomeWalk, May 18, 2019:
We are at a pivotal point in the fight to end homelessness and poverty in L. A. County.
This year, we’ve teamed up with the Los Angeles Rams to make HomeWalk bigger and better than ever!
Due to the timing of the NFL season, HomeWalk is to be held on May 18, 2019. This date change allows for the Rams team , including players, coaches, cheerleaders and fans to join thousands of participants on the day of the HomeWalk.
Join United Way of Greater Los Angeles, the Los Angeles Rams, City Council members advocates and your fellow Angelenos in walking together to support our most vulnerable neighbors.
Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles
200 N Grand Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90012
Registration opens at 6:30 A.M.
Run starts at 8:45 A.M.
Walk starts at 9:00 A.M.
As always we are honored to magnify the hard work our contributors have accomplished and we are thrilled to promote their activities. Please continue to support the members of our creative community as they design meaning within their careers. Thanks to all for their informative and inspiring contributions.
If you are not on the mailing list and would like to receive your own monthly notices of these Updates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Conversely if you would like to be removed from the email list simply email email@example.com and write "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.
Keep sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately once a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.
Keep creating wonderful art and design, and, as always, stay in touch!
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Contributing Consultant to "Bokeh Magazine, The Art and Life of Photography," an online magazine for the iPads and iPhones.
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press and
"Mastering the Business of Photography: What the Pros Do When They Are Not Taking Incredible Photos" Skyhorse/Allworth Press
Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career creative professionals