The following classes are offered through the Art Center at Night, South Campus, 950 South Raymond Avenue, Pasadena, California. The next term begins September 11, 2017. Registration begins August 14.
Crafting a Meaningful Career- Part One- Discovering the Dream
Crafting a Meaningful Career- Part Two- Forming the Dream
Crafting a Meaningful Career- Part Three- Fulfilling the Dream
Change is inevitable. Your job changes may be big or small, they may be caused by your or by outside forces, but they all involve some form of introspection on what you want out of your life and consideration of the impact your decision will have on the lives of those you care about the most. Crafting a Meaningful Career is a unique course that offers its participants the opportunity to examine the pros and cons of past employment, deep dive into what motivates each member, evaluate individual risk tolerance, and how to create a plan to confidently move on to the next level. It’s about defining one’s unique purpose and how to make it a reality, not about filling in someone’s place on an HR manning table.
Drawing on over forty years of experience as a creative consultant Tony Luna will help you discover your new role and connect with a growing network of talented people who are now living their dreams. Redefine your goals and explore the exciting possibilities your talent has in store for you in this information-packed, vital, and enlightening class! In the words of George Eliot, “It’s never too late to be who you might have been."
Classes are regularly offered in the mid-Spring, mid-Summer, and mid-Fall terms at the Art Center at Night, South Campus, Pasadena, California.
The specific career reinvention classes taught by Tony Luna through Art Center’s Public Programs are titled, “Crafting a Meaningful Career”
The first class is “Crafting a Meaningful Career- Part One-Discovering the Dream.” The class runs for fourteen weeks, one class per week, three hours per class. Price: $595.00 for Part One.
“Part Two- Forming the Dream” and “Part Three-Fulfilling the Dream” are both one session for six weeks each and they focus on building a business plan based on the outcomes of Part One. Price: $249.00 for Part Two, and $249.00 for Part Three.
Click here for more information on Art Center at Night-Public Programs or Call at 626-396-2319.
A one-on-one consultation provides you with the opportunity to privately discuss the dynamics of your career choices, and create a career plan that will help you get the most of your talent. Typically private consultations consist of an initial, free of charge, evaluation meeting to determine your individual creative challenges and assess the amount of time necessary to meet your particular creative needs. A client may need to address only one session to meet their needs, or they may need more extensive assistance to design an entirely new career path.
One-on-one creative consultation to help you redefine your passion, review your portfolio, create a marketing plan, devise a brand strategy, or other sessions related to career building issues are $250.00 per one and half hour session. Should a more lengthy consultation be necessary an agenda with goals will be developed, and a fee will be agreed upon which will be appropriate to the individual scope and needs of the client.
Lectures and workshops by Tony Luna will be announced in this section. Please check this site for announcements regarding sessions in your area. If you would like to schedule a session please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Claremont Graduate University/Alumni Enhancement, A Webinar- “Crafting a Meaningful Career-Redefining Your Career”
- Design X/Innovate Pasadena- ““What’s Your Story?” A presentation on how to create a compelling story about your product or service.
- Pasadena Photographic Artists- “Finding Your Artistic Voice”
Some past lecture topics and venues:
- Design X/Innovate Pasadena- “Let’s Talk About Your Passion in Design”
- The Actor’s Fund- SAG-AFTRA- “Giving Your Career a Jump Start”
- American Photographic Artists/San Francisco- “Creative Crossroads”
- The Actor’s Fund- “Discovering the Abundance Within”
- College of the Canyons- “Passion as the Focus of Your Portfolio”
- California State University, Northridge- “Life After Graduation”
- Woodbury College- “The Art and Craft of the Pitch”
- California Institute of Technology-CalTech Y- “The Principles of Presentation”
- ANIF-National Association of Photographers, Fiftieth Anniversary Conference, Lisbon, Portugal
- The Actor’s Fund- SAG/AFTRA- “Networking Your Way to the Next Level of Your Career”
- PhotoPlus Expo International, New York City- “Taking Your Career to the Next Level”
- Society of Illustrators- “Taking Your Career to the Next Level”
- AIGA/Los Angeles- “Taking Your Career to the Next Level”
Tony Luna Creative- Workshops may be tailored to the needs of the group requesting them. The usual format is an intensive weekend (Friday afternoon, all day Saturday, and half-day Sunday) covering a specific topic such as a Timeline exercise comparing your work history and your personal history, or an Asset Matching exercise intended to help the attendees discover new career options. Previous workshops have been held at Woodbury University, Burbank, California.