HERE ARE THE HEADLINES WHICH ARE FOLLOWED BY
THE COMPLETE STORIES
On Thursday, September 6 a small but energized group attended the fall SchmoozeFest at the Art Center at Night’s main building 950 South Raymond Ave., Pasadena, from 6:30 to 10:00 PM.
The evening featured presentations by Photographer Dennis Hill, Visual Hunter Bill Wishner, and Dancer/Choreographer Cristina Benedetti. The presentations were followed by a lively networking session allowing the guests to exchange ideas, forge new friendships, and share in the fun. If you would like to participate in the next SchmoozeFest mark your calendars for Thursday, January 10, 2019 and be prepared to be creatively energized!…
- Marina Diaz is participating in an art auction in support of “A Window Between Worlds" Sunday, September 30th. A Window Between Worlds supports “…survivors of trauma make art — by drawing, sculpting, painting, collaging, writing and more — their voices are heard and future potential is seen, often for the first time. This supports individuals, families and communities in processing their experiences and moving forward to less burdened and more productive living.” Your involvement will be greatly appreciated. Follow this link to the project: https://awbw.org/exhibits/heart-awards-2018/
- Stephanie Zhong is launching a funding campaign in celebration of the 20th anniversary of a project involving “…an audio documentary (podcast) about a group a students from rural Tennessee who ‘accidentally’ sparked a wave of empathy and interfaith connections around the world that's lasted 20 years – and is still going. Some people call it a miracle.” Please visit the web site and make a contribution for this worthy venture. The trailer and donor page is here: http://www.onlevelground.org/onesmallthing/…
- Starting October 6 AC Gallery will be presenting The TAB HUNTER PAINTINGS X Vance Lorenzini. The gallery together with “…art director and production designer Vance Lorenzini will present a life celebration and tribute of fine art paintings honoring the late movie star Tab Hunter.” The RSVP Red Carpet VIP Preview will be October 6, 2018, 6 pm - 11 pm and the show will continue through to November 28 at the AC Gallery…
- Tony Luna has an upcoming lecture titled, “Finding Your Voice: Everybody Has to Start Somewhere.” In this lecture Mr. Luna will discuss “… the inspirations that led famous photographers to start their careers, examine the development of several up and coming photographers, and give several suggestions on how to discover your own creative path. If you ever questioned what it takes to become a successful photographer/artist this informative and inspirational lecture is for you.” “Finding Your Voice: Everybody Has to Start Somewhere” will be presented at The Armory Center For the Arts, 145 North Raymond Ave., Pasadena, CA 91103, Thursday, October 11, 7:00 to 9:00 PM.
Here's the Eventbrite ticketing link: https://ppaoctforum.eventbrite.com
… AND NOW HERE ARE THE COMPLETE STORIES:
At this latest SchmoozeFest photographer Dennis Hill showed photos for his recent project photographing unique architectural structures for archival art purposes; Visual Hunter Bill Wishner shared stories of traveling the world seeking out ephemeral street art and how he captures these images adhering to strict aesthetic criteria, along with a poetic story of “The One That Got Away” about a breathtaking image of the lunar eclipse while attending an opera in Verona, Italy ; and Cristina Benedetti who showed amazing images of her performances including her involvement with the innovative dance group, Illuminate, “…a company based on the fusion of technology and dance.”
If you would like to participate in the next SchmoozeFest mark your calendars for Thursday, January 10, 2019 and be prepared to be creatively energized!
- From Marina Diaz, Artist- “Hi Tony, I'm in this art show. I hope all is well!
EXCITING ART NEWS.
Local Pasadena artist Marina Diaz is in “A Window Between Worlds" art auction Sunday, September 30th. Bidding is not available until Sept. 23 rd. “A Window Between Worlds” art auction promotes works with families impacted by domestic violence and offers healing through art. Art heals the soul, offers love, introspection and offers a new way to look at life.
To help support “A Window Between Worlds” cause, artists have lowered their prices considerably for starting bidding. It is a great opportunity to purchase amazing and thoughtful artwork.”
About this Exhibition: “A Window Between Worlds’ is proud to present an exhibition of artwork, curated by MaryLinda Moss, to be auctioned to patrons and guests at our 2018 heART Awards brunch on September 30th.
About “A Window Between Worlds”: “A Window Between Worlds” collaborates with human service agencies across the country, training and supporting the staff at these partner organizations in facilitating our healing arts curriculum. These workshops provide a unique “Window of Time” for participants — a safe, non-judgmental environment where they can authentically express themselves in new ways.
There are multiple benefits to creating art in this type of environment, including improved communication and a renewed sense of possibility. As survivors of trauma make art — by drawing, sculpting, painting, collaging, writing and more — their voices are heard and future potential is seen, often for the first time. This supports individuals, families and communities in processing their experiences and moving forward to less burdened and more productive living. Since our founding in 1991, “A Window Between Worlds” arts programming has provided the creation of art as a tool for empowerment and healing to over two-hundred thousand adults and children who have experienced violence and trauma.
Contributing Artist Marina Diaz- www.marinadiazatrtist.com
- Stephanie Zhong, Founder + Creative Director, Dear Anne Media- “Hi Tony! What's new with you, Tony? I have some news I'd like to share with you and other creatives. Since the class, I've been experimenting with different ways to bring storytelling is as my career. One concrete project has come out I'd like to tell you about.
I'm developing an idea for an audio documentary (podcast) about a group a students from rural Tennessee who "accidentally" sparked a wave of empathy and interfaith connections around the world that's lasted 20 years – and is still going. Some people call it a miracle.
I've been funding it myself to this point (to make an audio trailer you can now hear). Now I'm launching a funding campaign to get to Whitwell, Tennessee to capture the 20th anniversary of this project.
If it inspires you, will you consider sharing with friends or becoming one of my patrons? No gift is too large or small and comes with perks.
The trailer and donor page is here: http://www.onlevelground.org/onesmallthing/.
Please check it out, share it widely with your friends, colleagues, social media, anyone you know who would like the opportunity to bring stories of humanity at its best into the world with me. We need them more than ever.”
Stephanie Zhong, LEED AP
Founder + Creative Director
Dear Anne Media
"Creative Solutions with a Conscience"
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
- AC Gallery
The TAB HUNTER PAINTINGS X Vance Lorenzini
AC Gallery with art director and production designer Vance Lorenzini present a life celebration and tribute of fine art paintings honoring the late movie star Tab Hunter. Focusing on nearly 20 images of Hunter to create a series of life-sized paintings to be unveiled for the first time, THE TAB HUNTER PAINTINGS exhibition will offer a glimpse into the ground-breaking career and extraordinary life of a Hollywood idol turned American icon.
October 6th. - November 28th.
Red Carpet VIP Preview October 6, 2018, 6 pm - 11 pm
Los Angeles, 1546 North Highland Ave., L. A., CA 90028
in partnership with ART SY
Tony Luna’s Lecture presented by PasadenaPhotographyArts-
“Finding Your Creative Voice: Everyone Has to Start Somewhere”
The Armory Center For the Arts
145 North Raymond Ave., Pasadena, CA 91103
Thursday, October 11
7:00 to 9:00 PM
Brief Description of the lecture:
The most challenging question people ask who aspire to become professional photographers is “How do I find my own unique voice?”
By drawing on his forty-five years as an Artist Representative/Producer of Film and Photography, along with his thirty-three years as an Adjunct Professor of Business Practice at the Art Center College of Design, and as a Creative Career Consultant, Tony Luna has studied and helped thousands of students and clients either start of reinvent their creative careers. He has had the honor of delivering lectures nationally and internationally, and he has written two books on how professional photographers began and maintained their careers based on their own unique visions. In this lecture, “Finding Your Creative Voice: Everyone Has to Start Somewhere,” Mr. Luna will examine the Stages of Creative Career Development, discuss the inspirations that led famous photographers to start their careers, examine the development of several up and coming photographers, and give several suggestions on how to discover your own creative path. If you ever questioned what it takes to become a successful photographer/artist this informative and inspirational lecture is for you.
In the words of George Eliot: “It’s never too late to be the person you might have been.”
- Here's the Eventbrite ticketing link: https://www.ppaoctforum.eventbrite.com
- And here's the Facebook event: facebook.com/events/330651474353959/
Once again we are honored to take note of the hard work our contributors have accomplished and we are thrilled to promote their activities. Please continue to support the members of our creative community as they design meaning within their careers. Thanks to all for their informative and inspiring contributions.
If you are not on the mailing list and would like to receive your own monthly notices of these Updates please contact email@example.com. Conversely if you would like to be removed from the email list simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and write "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.
Keep sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately once a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.
Keep creating wonderful art and design, and, as always, stay in touch!
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Contributing Consultant to "Bokeh Magazine, The Art and Life of Photography," an online magazine for the iPads and iPhones.
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press and
"Mastering the Business of Photography: What the Pros Do When They Are Not Taking Incredible Photos" Skyhorse/Allworth Press
Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career professionals