HERE ARE THE HEADLINES WHICH ARE FOLLOWED BY THE COMPLETE STORIES…
- Our SchmoozeFest! on May 10 was an exciting evening with a small group of high-powered creatives presenting their innovative ideas and exchanging information (ie: “schmoozing”) the night away. The next SchmoozeFest! event will be Thursday, September 6. Start getting your act together and be a part of our creativity community’s support group.
- Angel Mendoza will be an essential part of the WATERWORKS! group show at the AC Gallery VIP PREVIEW this Saturday, June 2 starting at 8:00 P.M. The show at 1546 North Highland Avenue, Los Angeles will continue until June 23. Angel will be presenting his unique interpretations of Meso-American mythology utilizing modern technology. Come and support his artistry!…
- Brian Biery invites us through his newsletter to “the next Open Studios art tour in North Pasadena and Altadena!” He will be exhibiting his photographs “(including some new ones!) with four other exceptional artists at Kolhatkar Studios” on Saturday, June 2 from 11:00 to 5:00 P.M., and Sunday, June 3 from 12:00 to 6:00 P.M. at 1841 Santa Rosa Avenue, Pasadena. This event will be a venue on the tour of Pasadena studios, so start your tour there and then visit dozens of other locations featuring every manner of art. It will be a great way to see the variety of art that is being produced in the Pasadena area and you can support Brian in his efforts as well!…
- Jillian Suzanne shares the great news that she exceeded her Kickstarter goals in raising the funds to continue her latest fantastic project, “Dream Traveler-(TM)”! She also announces her new web site for Playful Exchange which contains “…helpful information, articles, blogs, announcements of playful-tools and activities in development.” Jillian has developed an exciting way to teach children to engage in learning and engage life in a playful way. We are proud of her accomplishments since taking our classes and getting her masters degree and we encourage her to keep creating wonderful worlds through her art!…
- Bill Wishner informs us that his new book, “Artifacts” is now available for purchase. This work is the “first in a series of publications documenting a 6-year photography project “Art of the City Wall” (2011-2017).” Through this book we have a window into his unique findings as he sought out visually intriguing images around the world and captured them for our contemplation and enjoyment. We are fortunate to have available this compendium of his work and look forward to future publications. Thanks Bill for your keen vision and thoughtful artistry…
- Ann Monn has created an intriguing new product line titled, “Ampusapien.” What makes Ampusapien so intriguing is that it is comprised of “artistic covers for prosthetic legs.” The artwork is spectacular (of course since Ann designed them!), and they are unique in the world of prostheses. Ann, you are to be congratulated for your humanitarian concern and bringing your artistic talents to the world of the disabled. Click on her web site to experience her distinctive designs…
… AND NOW HERE ARE THE COMPLETE STORIES:
- SchmoozeFest! May 10, 2018
- Angel Mendoza, Artist-
An eclectic exhibition marking the beginning of Summer in California with refreshing, water-inspired works taking precedence.
A wave of contemporary perspectives arise from our invigorated senses to showcase a lively group exhibition of photography, paintings, sculpture, and mixed media.
The revitalization of Summer is upon us!
June 2 - June 23, 2018
VIP PREVIEW JUNE 2nd
8PM - Midnight
RSVP for free admission
1546 North Highland Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90028
Rogue Angel Design
"One Against the Collective"
- Brian Biery, Photographer, from the BRIAN BIERY PHOTOGRAPHY NEWSLETTER MAY '18
Dear Family and Friends,
Please come to the next Open Studios art tour in North Pasadena and Altadena! I will be exhibiting my photographs (including some new ones!) with four other exceptional artists at Kolhatkar Studios.
WHEN: Saturday June 2nd from 11am to 5pm AND
Sunday June 3rd from 12pm to 6pm
WHERE: 1841 Santa Rosa Avenue, Pasadena CA 91104
Start the tour with us and pick up maps to continue your tour onto dozens of other locations!
Our five featured artists include:
Paintings, crochet hats, sewing/textiles, jewelry, trays, and spoons by Sonali Kolhatkar
Photography, framed and unframed, note/post cards by Brian Biery
Hand made journals from leather, fabric, metal by Jim Ingalls
Stunning ceramic creations by Ginko Lee
Whimsical and artistic hats by Karrie Hyatt (NEW ARTIST!)
As always we'll have an array of homemade gourmet cupcakes, cookies, coffee, tea, and more goodies!
I hope to see you there!!!
- Jillian Suzanne, Artist
Fantastic News! WE ARE FUNDED!!! A Warm Thank You to All of you who helped bring this to life!!!
What happens now that Kickstarter was successful?!
I’ll be following up with all backers of—Dream Traveler (TM)—as well as sharing the process of pre-production/ steps to go to print/ getting all backer rewards ready & delivered!
As well, I’ll be continuing to set up my http://www.playfulexchange.com website & shop...
You should also begin receiving some emails from Kickstarter (certain tools only become available to creators once campaigns are successful) I’m just beginning to get links/ access to these tools!
I promise, I will keep everyone in the loop & be available to respond to any questions!!! ￼~ Jillian
Editor’s note: To play the entertaining and informative video on Dream Traveler (TM) (with a very special young spokesperson!) explaining the project click on, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/620766559/the-playful-exchangetm-and-dream-travelertm/description
Brand New Website!
I am pleased to announce the pre-launch of my brand new website! https://www.playfulexchange.com
My goal with this new website is to provide visitors with an easy way to learn about The Playful Exchange™ and Dream Traveler™.
I’ll be updating site content with helpful information, articles, blogs, announcements of playful-tools and activities in development.
Dear Dream Traveler's, I am in need of your feedback! Please have a look and be a part of the conversation...
Let me know what you would like to see, learn more about, or wish existed. This would be of great value to me in making this someplace you would want to visit often!
Thank you, I hope you enjoy your first peek at https://playfulexchange.com
J i l l i a n S u z a n n e
Creative Professional + Educator
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Url : www.jilliansuzanne.com
- Bill Wishner, Visual Hunter-
Now Available for Purchase
Images by Bill Wishner / Visual Hunter
Published with Acuity Press
first in a series of publications documenting a
6-year photography project “Art of the City Wall” (2011-2017)
“Artifacts” was designed by the noted Cheri Gray, and a foreword by Dennis Keeley, award-winning photographer and Chair of the Photography and Imaging Department at the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena
to purchase, click on the link below
- Ann Monn, Artist, Principal of Ampu Sapien-
Ampu Sapien, Artistic Covers for Prosthetic Legs
We make tough, sculptural, lightweight shells surfaced with
pleasing combinations of natural and man-made materials
Custom hand-made to order in Los Angles
We attach to nearly any prothesis
For more information refer to, https://www.ampusapien.com/
(Editor’s note: For an especially inspirational experience click on Ann’s blog through her website and watch the TED Talk by Aimee Mullins titled, “It's not fair having 12 pairs of legs.”)
To contact Ampu Sapien send email to: email@example.com
Once again we are honored to take note of the hard work our contributors have accomplished and we are thrilled to promote their activities. Please continue to support the members of our creative community as they design meaning within their careers. Thanks to all for their informative and inspiring contributions.
If you are not on the mailing list and would like to receive your own monthly notices of these Updates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Conversely if you would like to be removed from the email list simply email email@example.com and write "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.
Keep sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately once a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.
Keep creating wonderful art and design, and, as always, stay in touch!
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Contributing Consultant to "Bokeh Magazine, The Art and Life of Photography," an online magazine for the iPads and iPhones.
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press and
"Mastering the Business of Photography: What the Pros Do When They Are Not Taking Incredible Photos" Skyhorse/Allworth Press
Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career creative professionals